Comments Off on Understanding Sedation Dentistry
Sedation dentistry is something that many dentists offer these days to help reduce the fear and anxiety that is associated with going to a dentist. More and more dentists are offering it in hopes that it will bring more people to their office and that they will come more regularly because it is not a fear inducing experience. While most people assume that sedation dentistry means that you are put to sleep entirely, this is not the case. What exactly is sedation dentistry?
In sedation dentistry, medication is given to relax a patient before, during, and after the appointment. This medication depresses the central nervous system, which aids in relieving anxiety and leaves the patient in a deeply relaxed state, but able to respond to verbal or physical stimulation. Depending upon the amount and strength of medication, the relaxation will vary and the response to stimulation will vary as well.
Patients who use sedation dentistry simply feel calmer during their appointment. The medication helps them to relax, even though they know what is going on. They are left in a deeply laid back state that allows the dentist to work and, in most cases, they can respond to stimulation and commands. The sedation is used in conjunction with anesthetic if needed to keep the patient in comfort during the entire appointment.
When you are afraid of going to the dentist, sedation dentistry can be a way of relieving your anxiety and allowing you to conquer your fears. While you will still know what is going on, it can relax you enough to get in the door and allow the dentist to do the work without you being overly anxious and afraid. Find a dentist that offers sedation dentistry and quit putting off taking care of your teeth. Your smile will thank you for it.
Comments Off on Tips to Find a Dentist
Finding a dentist is not something to be taken lightly. Whether you are just starting out in life and are single or have a family, you want to find a dentist that you can trust with the health of your teeth. Studies have shown that the health of teeth has a big impact upon whole body health, which is why it is so important to have regular checkups and cleanings to ensure that your mouth health is as good as possible. What do you need to think about when looking for a dentist?
– Locality. Finding one that is near to your home or work in Huntersville is very important. This will save you time and it will make it easier for you to make time for appointments, no matter what the reason.
– Experience. You want to find a dentist that has experience in treating a wide variety of conditions and patients. This is especially true if you have children, because it takes a special personality to deal with kids, especially in a medical setting.
– Meets Your Financial Considerations. Whether you have insurance or not, you want to check their prices. Make sure they take your particular insurance if you have it and, if you don’t have it, make sure that they have flexible or competitive pricing.
– Offers Great Service. From making the appointment to cleaning to dental work to billing and more, you want a dentist that offers great service. While this may seem easy to find, it is not. That is why you want to take your time to find a dentist that is concerned with you as a person and offers the service that you deserve.
Finding a Huntersville dentist means that you want to find one that is near to your home or work, has the education and experience you need, meets your financial considerations, and offers great service. Once you find one, you will be able to take care of your dental health to keep your whole body healthy as well.
Comments Off on Dental Veneers Give Confidence and Beauty
Dentists are much more than someone to go to when you are having tooth pain. They can, of course, take care of this type of issue, but they can also help to beautify the smile. Whether a smile is discolored or there are gaps or chips in the teeth, there are ways to make the smile look more uniform in color and in teeth size. A beautiful smile will also give the patient more confidence in their life.
Dental veneers are an option that many people consider to help brighten and beautify their smile. They come in two different materials-porcelain and composite resin. While porcelain is more expensive, the advantages over composite resin are many. That is why many dentists encourage patients to choose this type of veneer.
Having dental veneers applied to your teeth will help to make them whiter if there is discoloration due to medication or foods. In addition, the veneers can be applied over teeth that are chipped or cracked, or that have gaps in them to make the smile more eye pleasing, which will give the patient more self-respect and confidence.
When you are deciding whether to go with dental veneers or not, you want to be sure that you find a dentist that you can trust. There are many dentists who claim to be experts, but make sure that you check their license and their experience to make sure that they are experienced in dental veneers and their application.
A smile that you are not proud of can cause you to be embarrassed or feel ashamed, but you don’t have to live that way. You can have beautiful teeth with dental veneers. Simply find a dentist in the Huntersville area that you can trust and begin the journey to getting teeth that you can be proud to smile with each and every day.
Comments Off on Cosmetic Dentistry in Huntersville
A cosmetic dentist is not just about taking care of cleanings and toothaches. They help to keep your smile looking even more beautiful. Whether your teeth just need brightening due to too much coffee or they need more extensive help, due to teeth chipping or cracking, you want to be sure that you choose a cosmetic dentist you can trust. What are some of the services that a cosmetic dentist offers?
– Whitening or tooth bleaching. If you are covering your teeth because of yellowing or staining, a cosmetic dentist can whiten your teeth. Whether you just need to whiten a few shades or a huge amount, a dentist is still the best option for whitening your teeth.
– Reshaping. If your teeth are all uneven, a cosmetic dentist can remove enamel to alter the shape of a tooth. It can reduce the appearance of a chip or it can help even up uneven teeth. You can get fast results and it some cases, it can give extreme results – even miraculous ones.
– Veneers. Porcelain and composite resin veneers can be bonded to existing teeth to cover discolored teeth, damaged teeth, or gapped teeth to give a white and even smile. This can be expensive, but it can give great results that will give you additional self-confidence.
– Gum lift. If your gums seem to overtake your teeth, a cosmetic dentist can reshape them. This process will result in longer and more symmetrical teeth to allow you to have a more pleasing smile.
A cosmetic dentist will make your smile more beautiful no matter what issues you are having. Whether you just need a little whitening or you need more extensive work, you want to find a dentist that has the education and experience to give you a dazzling smile.
Comments Off on A Dentist You Can Trust
When you are looking for a dentist in Huntersville, NC, you want to be sure that they are one that you can trust with all of your dentistry needs, from crowns to fillings to cleanings and more. While there are a lot of dentists out there, finding one that you can trust with your teeth at a price that you can afford is not the easy. We have found just the right one for you and your needs in Huntersville, NC.
– Cleanings. Regular cleanings are essential to keeping your teeth in tip-top condition and preventing damage that will cost you more money and more pain and suffering. Cleanings are recommended every six months and your dentist will take x-rays at least one time per year, if not twice, to check for cavities or other developing problems.
– Fillings. If there are some cavities that need to be filled, having them filled as soon as possible is essential. Cavities will only grow larger if they are left untreated, which is why you want to take care of them and any other issues as the dentist finds them.
– Other dental work. Crowns, extractions, root canals, and other dental work are all things that may be recommended when you have your bi-annual dental exam. When your dentist recommends a treatment plan for your dental issues, you want to be sure that you follow through. Any dental problems left untreated will only worsen, which is why you want to find a dentist that you can trust.
In Huntersville, NC, there is a dentist that you can trust for all of your dental needs. Whether you need a cleaning or other dental work, the right dentist can make all of the difference for you and your family. In Huntersville, our office is the right one for you and your needs.